Maduro & Curiel’s Bank N.V. as a leading finandal institution operating in Curaçao, Aruba, Bonaire and the Windward Islands has a vacancy in their Risk & Compliance Department in Bonaire.
- Assisting the Risk & Compliance Manager with all tasks related to legal, risk & compliance areas;
- Providing onsite legal support and advice to Management and all departments of the Bank;
- Reviewing and analyzing mortgage deeds provided by the Notary for approval;
- Conduct legal research;
- Ensuring that the Bank is compliant at all times with applicable laws and regulations;
- Handlingofthe development of new legal and compliance policiesand procedures;
- Handling of legal matters in lawsuits in which lawyers or legal counsels represent the Bank;
- Assists in identifying, monitoring and mitigating risk throughout the Bank;
- Maintaining proper contact between the Bank and relevant regulators.
- Mínimum Bachelor degree in law, preferably Master’s degree in law;
- At least three (3) years of work experience preferably as legal counsel and/or experience in a legal, risk or compliance position;
- Knowledge of and experience with local laws and regulations;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skiIIs;
- Ability to opérate relatively independently within the guidelines, policies and directives;
- Ability to make sound decisions effectively;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skiIIs in planning and the ability to prioritize to meet deadlines;
- Excellent written and oral communication skiIIs and negotiation;
- Ability to communicate and write in the Dutch, Papiamentu and English languages.
Besides the excitement and challenge of a new work environment, we oflfer growth possibilities and an attractive remuneration package.
If your profile meets the above criteria and you have the necessary experience in this field, we ask you to submit your application letter including your resume in English vía e-mail to:
Maduro & Curiel’s Bank (Bonaire) N.V.
Human Resources Department
Attn.: Mrs. Andrea van Slobbe
Phone: +599 715 5557